As you know, my BF is gastronomically challenged. The poor guy can’t eat dairy products. And, no, he’s not lactose intolerant. He’s allergic. He’s allergic to dairy. His nose runs, his throat tickles, his eyes water. Because he is a frittata who cannot physically enjoy the simple comfort of a warm lump of mashed potatoes.
Until now. We’ve cracked the code for killer mashed potatoes that actually taste like…MASHED POTATOES!
Frittata Mashed Potatoes
**makes 2 servings**
- 7 red mini potatoes
- 1/4 cup organic unflavored soy milk (I used Nature’s Promise)
- 1 tbsp butter substitute (I LOVE Smart Balance)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp rosemary (optional)
- Wash and cut potatoes, keeping skin. The smaller the pieces, the faster they’ll cook.
- Put potatoes in sauce pan and cover with water. Put pan on stove to boil.
- When potatoes smoosh easily with a fork (about 10 minutes), drain water and return potatoes to pan.
- Mash potatoes with a masher or fork until all chunks are gone. Mash in butter substitute.
- Stir in soy milk.
- Add salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Put it in your mouth.