I’ve loved Mounds candy bars since I can remember, so finding this recipe was one of my most exciting discoveries. I thought the ratio of chocolate-to-coconut leaned a little too heavy on the chocolate. But Mat quickly reminded me that I wasn’t making any sense. I suggest keeping them in the fridge (instead of the freezer) for streamlined scarfing.
1 cup organic coconut oil
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup organic honey
12 ounces organic dark chocolate
- Warm coconut oil just until it is liquified.
- Add shredded coconut and honey and combine well.
- Line shallow baking pan with parchment paper and press mixture into baking pan.
- Freeze or refrigerate until solid.
- Melt chocolate and spread over coconut.
- Cut into squares and keep refrigerated.
*cut bars at room temperature so chocolate cuts easier.